Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant' Read Email on iPhone

I am having trouble getting email messages to open. My inbox is taking several minutes to update. Once that is done, when I select a message, the spinning wheel appears and it takes about ten to twelve minutes for the message contents to appear. I am having this issue on an iPhone 7 Plus and also in an iPhone 11., both running iOS 13.5. This is happening with gmail, Outlook and hotmail accounts. I've adjusted settings in every way I know but nothing resolves the issue.

Any suggestions?

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on May 23, 2020 7:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2020 6:08 PM

Thank you for the response and suggestions. I tried a combination of all the suggestions provided and nothing seemed to work. However, after leaving thenew iPhone 11 connected to power over night, it is now downloading all messages. I'm not sure what stroke of luck or miracle resolved the issue but I'm happy that email is working as expected.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2020 6:08 PM in response to Teddy_B

Thank you for the response and suggestions. I tried a combination of all the suggestions provided and nothing seemed to work. However, after leaving thenew iPhone 11 connected to power over night, it is now downloading all messages. I'm not sure what stroke of luck or miracle resolved the issue but I'm happy that email is working as expected.

May 25, 2020 12:00 PM in response to katch09

Hi katch09, 

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. 

From your post, I see that you have an issue with reading emails on both your iPhone 7 Plus and your iPhone 11. This is happening with all email accounts. I want to help. Have you tried restarting your devices and checking again? Also, please look at this article that talks about If you can’t send email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Also, since this issue is happening on both of your iPhones, have you tried connecting to another Wi-Fi network and checking if the issue remains? 

Hope that helps. 

Best Regards!

Cant' Read Email on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.