Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blurry Yellowish Screen Colors on MacBook Pro 13' Retina display

Suddenly, my screen colors randomly have blurry yellowish color.

Screen white is kind of pulsating/unstable

Tried Reinstalling OS again but it didn't fix the problem.

Lock screen colors are perfect. hence, i assume no hardware problems.

Any help please on how to fix this problem

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 23, 2020 10:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2020 11:18 PM

Have you tried safe mode to troubleshoot?

Please try Safe Mode and see if you have same issue. https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201262. Which may take more longer than your usual Normal boot & .

Note: Safe mode prevents your Mac from loading certain software as it starts up, including login items, system extensions not required by macOS, and fonts not installed by macOS. It also does a basic check of your startup disk, similar to using First Aid in Disk Utility. And it deletes some system caches, including font caches and the kernel cache, which are automatically created again as needed.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2020 11:18 PM in response to Kareemkhh

Have you tried safe mode to troubleshoot?

Please try Safe Mode and see if you have same issue. https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201262. Which may take more longer than your usual Normal boot & .

Note: Safe mode prevents your Mac from loading certain software as it starts up, including login items, system extensions not required by macOS, and fonts not installed by macOS. It also does a basic check of your startup disk, similar to using First Aid in Disk Utility. And it deletes some system caches, including font caches and the kernel cache, which are automatically created again as needed.

May 24, 2020 3:53 AM in response to Sharhari

Tried and It didn't fix the problem.

Though, I have changed the permissions for all listed profiles and they are now fixed (screen is not fixed yet), however, only two profiles are now not fixable.

Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles/Recommended/image-P3.icc

Header message digest (MD5) is not correct. Fixed.

/System/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/ITU-2020.icc

Header message digest (MD5) is not correct. 

The file is locked. Could not be fixed.

Repair done. 1 out of 2 profiles fixed.

Moreover, I couldn't change the permission for the file named ITU-2020.icc

any help getting my screen colors back to normal?

Blurry Yellowish Screen Colors on MacBook Pro 13' Retina display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.