Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad touchscreen while using sidecar

I have an iPad set up to use sidecar with my Macbook pro and it connects fine and i can use the black buttons on the side bar fine but it won't let me use the touchscreen on the actual apps open on the iPad unless i use apple pencil? i am getting by with using the pencil whenever i need to interact with apps on the iPad but as i go from typing on mac to needing to tap the iPad screen very regularly its a hassle to keep picking up and putting the pencil down every time just to tap the iPad screen. Is there any way i can make the whole of the iPad touch screen so it will respond to my finger touch or is this not possible? Thank you!

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on May 24, 2020 4:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2020 4:27 AM

This article explains more about how sidecar works:

Use your iPad as a second display for your Mac with Sidecar - Apple Support

To answer your question, you cannot control apps directly with your fingers, as you cannot use your fingers as a mouse, you will have to use your Apple Pencil for that.

You can use your fingers for gestures

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2020 4:27 AM in response to flyingblueberry

This article explains more about how sidecar works:

Use your iPad as a second display for your Mac with Sidecar - Apple Support

To answer your question, you cannot control apps directly with your fingers, as you cannot use your fingers as a mouse, you will have to use your Apple Pencil for that.

You can use your fingers for gestures

iPad touchscreen while using sidecar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.