Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone SE 2020 Bluetooth Connection problems

New iPhone SE struggles to find Bluetooth devices. Tried resetting, switching off phone and BT, switching off device, all multiple times. Updated iPhone software. Seriously, there is something going on here. Never had this much trouble with multiple other iPhones and BT devices. Who has a solution? I’ve seen dozens of other posts on this topic. Is this something unique to the SE 2020?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on May 24, 2020 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2020 4:06 PM

Hello MichTeach,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! I understand that your iPhone SE (2nd generation) will not find and connect to Bluetooth accessories. It sounds like you've already done some great troubleshoot steps to rule out potential causes, and I would be happy to help with what to do next.

I'd like to start by having you try the following, testing if you can locate and connect to Bluetooth devices after each step:

1. Ensure that you've updated the iPhone to the latest iOS, which is currently iOS 13.5: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Try the troubleshooting suggestions in the following resource next: If you can't connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  3. Sometimes, renaming your iPhone can also help with pairing issues: Change the name of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

If you're still experiencing the Bluetooth issues after trying those steps, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support using the link below:

Get Support

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2020 4:06 PM in response to MichTeach

Hello MichTeach,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! I understand that your iPhone SE (2nd generation) will not find and connect to Bluetooth accessories. It sounds like you've already done some great troubleshoot steps to rule out potential causes, and I would be happy to help with what to do next.

I'd like to start by having you try the following, testing if you can locate and connect to Bluetooth devices after each step:

1. Ensure that you've updated the iPhone to the latest iOS, which is currently iOS 13.5: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Try the troubleshooting suggestions in the following resource next: If you can't connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  3. Sometimes, renaming your iPhone can also help with pairing issues: Change the name of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

If you're still experiencing the Bluetooth issues after trying those steps, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support using the link below:

Get Support

Take care.

IPhone SE 2020 Bluetooth Connection problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.