Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone connecting to unknown device

My phones Bluetooth (iPhone xr) keeps randomly commenting to YH-F75F91 and it’s not a device I know when I go to setting to disconnect or forget it there’s no i for like the info button (ps: I was someone with the same problem as me comment on the forum and someone said that it’s not connected I but it is my audio goes away so it is connected but it doesn’t show in my list and I can’t forget or delete it) I have a screen shot of it as you see there’s no i and I can’t press it what do it do?

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 2:33 PM

To follow up on the post from Chris_V89, that is a BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) device, and it is connected to an app on your phone. BLE is not a device to device pairing, instead, the app is paired to it, and had to be set up initially. So think about any apps you have that use external devices, such as hearing aids, insulin pumps or other medical devices.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2023 2:33 PM in response to Anodeso

To follow up on the post from Chris_V89, that is a BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) device, and it is connected to an app on your phone. BLE is not a device to device pairing, instead, the app is paired to it, and had to be set up initially. So think about any apps you have that use external devices, such as hearing aids, insulin pumps or other medical devices.

Dec 20, 2022 11:43 AM in response to Anodeso

Hey there Anodeso,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. To get started, do you by chance have any accessories that you have set up with your iPhone that requires a companion app to set up? For example, these can be accessories such as a Tile, FitBit, vehicle (like a Tesla), or another smart watch.

Also, are you currently updated to the most recent iOS version? If not, since updating can often bring the latest features, security updates, and bug fixes, we would recommend updating the latest iOS version, and see if the issue persists.

For help with updating the iOS on your iPhone, check out this link here: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Update your iPhone or iPad wirelessly
1. Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
2. Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
3. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
4. If you see more than one software update option available, choose the one that you want to install.
5. Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

Let us know what you find.

Take care!

Jan 7, 2023 2:26 PM in response to Chris_V89

Hiii thank you for replying the only devices I have in my Bluetooth is my ps4 controller and my airpods I do have the latest updates tho but I do have a app for my led lights istrips+ I thought maybe that but whenever I’m on insta or tiktok my audio suddenly goes away and it connect to the: YH-F75F91. but my leds don’t have audio so I don’t know why my audio goes away

Jan 8, 2023 10:13 AM in response to Anodeso

Anodeso,

Try disconnecting any Bluetooth accessories from the iPhone, restart it as normal, and see if the alphanumeric entry is still showing in Settings > Bluetooth.

If that hasn't helped, then we would advise reaching out to Apple Support for a further investigation into the Bluetooth concern. They'll be in the best position to provide additional guidance.

This page can help start a support request: Apple Support

Cheers.

Phone connecting to unknown device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.