Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strava not re-installing on Apple Watch Series 3

So I updated the software on my Apple Watch to watchOS 6.2.5, but then encountered problems trying to open Strava (and YouTube) on my iPhone 8 (running software 13.4.1). The message "This app is no longer shared with you" would appear every time I tried to open it, so based on suggestions online, I uninstalled and then reinstalled Strava. This solved the problem on my iPhone, but when I tried to reinstall it on my watch, it refused to install. It is listed as an available app in the watch app, but as soon as I press 'install', it just spins but never actually installs. I've tried rebooting both devices and reinstalling Strava a number of times now, but to no avail. Anyone else had this issue since updating to the latest watch software?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on May 24, 2020 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2020 4:16 PM

Hi there, Soohouse,

I see that you're having trouble reinstalling Strava onto your Apple Watch and would be happy to help!

First, see if any of the steps outlined in If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or other Apple device - Apple Support assist in getting the app installed.

If not, I would recommend that you try to unpair: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support and then repair your watch: Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support.

Have a good day!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2020 4:16 PM in response to Soohouse

Hi there, Soohouse,

I see that you're having trouble reinstalling Strava onto your Apple Watch and would be happy to help!

First, see if any of the steps outlined in If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or other Apple device - Apple Support assist in getting the app installed.

If not, I would recommend that you try to unpair: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support and then repair your watch: Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support.

Have a good day!

Strava not re-installing on Apple Watch Series 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.