You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to install the Dexcom 6 app on my Apple Watch

I can’t get the Dexcom 6 app to install on my iWatch. When I click Install on my phone it just spins for a minute then goes back to Install. I’ve been able to get other apps to install. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 8

Posted on Jun 27, 2024 4:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2024 8:40 AM

You are not doing anything wrong. I am having the same problem after having to reinstall Dexcom G6 app on the Iphone 14. Reinstalled watch completely and same thing. Everything works except Dexcom. Just spins and goes back to saying "Install". I have the exact watch you have and newest IOS watch software. The Dexcom rep can't figure it out. Disappointed as this is the only reason why I wear an Apple Watch. If I get it fixed, I will repost on here for you.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 1, 2024 8:40 AM in response to JulieP1234

You are not doing anything wrong. I am having the same problem after having to reinstall Dexcom G6 app on the Iphone 14. Reinstalled watch completely and same thing. Everything works except Dexcom. Just spins and goes back to saying "Install". I have the exact watch you have and newest IOS watch software. The Dexcom rep can't figure it out. Disappointed as this is the only reason why I wear an Apple Watch. If I get it fixed, I will repost on here for you.

Jul 29, 2024 7:13 PM in response to 2001Vette

I am having the same problem! I purchased an Apple Watch Series 3 so that my daughter can more easily monitor her blood sugar at school this year. I would not have purchased this thing had I known that the Dexcom G6 app would not work. My call with Dexcom was escalated to the software engineering team. They told me to wait up to 72 hours for them to reply. It’s been 24 hours now. Hopefully they will fix this before school starts.

Jul 1, 2024 10:14 AM in response to JulieP1234

Julie,

Dexcom techs gave up and said to wait for an update in their software. I did download a free version of an app called Sugarmate and followed what is sort or a long setup that utilizes your calendar. If I can do it, anyone can. :) That app sets up a complication that you can use in the Modular face in the middle section showing you the current CGM reading. Dexcom half the time did not show my readings when I rolled my wrist. Just dashes. This app shows the correct read every time. I like it. It does not show your graph as far as I can tell on the watch. It does show you the graph on the app on your phone.

I am unable to install the Dexcom 6 app on my Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.