Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sire calling old number iPhone 7

(I have erased all his old info and entered his new info ) did this fist

when I ask sire to call my son, it call his old number same issues with iMessage ( his number only)

I turned off iMessage and can text hime now. but using sire to call him it dose not work, still goes to old number

how do I get this number out of the system sire call wrong number

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on May 24, 2020 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 6:07 PM

their are no other contacts with his name, so I ended up just adding his middle initial and as long as I remember to use it with his name sire get it right

when I first had this problem I erased all his info from all contact list and made new contact card with made no difference .

3 replies

May 25, 2020 4:34 PM in response to KeithJPerks

Hey KeithJPerks,

I see you have a concern with Siri calling an old contact number, instead of the new one.

Just to confirm, are you asking Siri to call your son rather than by his name? If so, follow the direction under "Tell Siri about a relationship" to update the information: Tell Siri about yourself on iPhone - Apple Support.

If you're attempting to call your son by the contact name listed, make sure that there isn't a contact listed for that name still on the device. Go to Contacts > Groups, and select Show all or make sure all the contact groups are selected here, then check again for any contact cards for your son's name.

Have a great day.

sire calling old number iPhone 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.