Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can people I invite who do not have an Apple ID, iPhone, iPad or Mac view a Numbers file?

I thought even though people I invite who do not have an Apple ID, iPhone, iPad or Mac could view a Numbers file. They tell me they cannot. Am I mistaken or simply doing the invite to restrictively?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on May 24, 2020 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2020 1:20 PM

You are mistaken. The only applications that can currently open a Numbers are the Numbers apps and applications for the platforms you named.

Others can:

• view an image taken as a screen shot of the file.
  • if they have an application capable of opening a .xlsx file, view a copy of the numbers file exported (by you) to MS Excel format.

Regards,

Barry

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2020 1:20 PM in response to maccustomer

You are mistaken. The only applications that can currently open a Numbers are the Numbers apps and applications for the platforms you named.

Others can:

• view an image taken as a screen shot of the file.
  • if they have an application capable of opening a .xlsx file, view a copy of the numbers file exported (by you) to MS Excel format.

Regards,

Barry

Can people I invite who do not have an Apple ID, iPhone, iPad or Mac view a Numbers file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.