Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot drag & drop music files as I used to be able to do

Recently moved everything over to a new laptop ... Windows 10 ... seems like a real fine machine ... itunes is 12.10.6.2. When I open it up, I want to select a few files and compose them into a new playlist. Cannot drag and drop anything to the new playlist as I used to do. Any idea what's up with that?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 24, 2020 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2020 7:30 PM

Never mind! I got it!

Seemed to be a couple things ...

1) A bunch of folders on the new laptop all had "Read-Only" flag set. Cleared those, and

2) I WAS trying to drag & drop onto a playlist FOLDER, ha! Realized my mistake and populated the playlists inside that folder.

I am back to being able to drag & drop ... though only to the the playlist name in the left sidebar ... I have that playlist open in another window, and I CANNOT drag & drop into that window ... which is what I used to do ... but I drop onto the sidebar, and the new entry shows up in the separate window, so that works fine.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2020 7:30 PM in response to SueB3

Never mind! I got it!

Seemed to be a couple things ...

1) A bunch of folders on the new laptop all had "Read-Only" flag set. Cleared those, and

2) I WAS trying to drag & drop onto a playlist FOLDER, ha! Realized my mistake and populated the playlists inside that folder.

I am back to being able to drag & drop ... though only to the the playlist name in the left sidebar ... I have that playlist open in another window, and I CANNOT drag & drop into that window ... which is what I used to do ... but I drop onto the sidebar, and the new entry shows up in the separate window, so that works fine.

Cannot drag & drop music files as I used to be able to do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.