Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes on Windows 11

I have loaded iTunes 12.12.7 on my new Windows 11 desktop computer. I find that I cannot add files from existing playlists to a new playlist in ways that worked on my previous Windows 10 machine. For example, suppose I start out with an empty playlist, not yet renamed. When I use the Search feature in the upper right of the screen, I get a drop-down list of songs. If I see the desired entry among the listed Songs, I previously was ably to simply drag the desired song from the search list onto the playlist which is open in iTunes. When I do this now, the file is not added to the playlist.

Also, to the right of the song in the Search list is a "...", which presents a menu. (I get the same menu with a right-click on the song entry.) The first entry on this menu is "Add to Playlist>", which presents a list of my existing playlists. I locate the desired new playlist, and click on it in this list, but nothing is added to the playlist.

The menu also offers "Copy", but after selecting this entry and returning the cursor to the open playlist, a right-click does not give any menu from which I can select "Paste". I did discover that, after doing "Copy" from the Search list, ctrl-V results in the tune being added to the new playlist. This worked for the first entry, but on subsequent selections from the Search list, the cursor returned to the Search input window, and a copy of the title of the song and other information was written there!

I am able to "cut and paste" or drag files from directories external to iTunes into the playlist. Drag and drop works fine in other Windows 11 applications I am running.

Any suggestions would be welcome. I would say that this is a drag, but that doesn't work here.

Servers/Datacom

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 6:41 PM

5 replies

Jan 28, 2023 2:35 AM in response to SD_Jerry

Right, but if you're in the Songs view of the library, all songs are included. When Search Entire Library is unchecked typing in the search box filters the view to items that match the search term. You should then be able to drag the item you want over to the target playlist in the sidebar and release, then start your next search. If it works it may be more efficient than the current process.

tt2

Itunes on Windows 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.