Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up mac mini for the first time and it erased all of my emails

Re Mac mini 2020 running Catalina

Just purchased the mini and migrated files from another mac. I set up the non apple email account and once it connected it erased all of the emails from the server for some reason. This has never happened to me before and I have migrated a lot of old macs to new ones.

Is there any way to get copies of these emails from the back up that I made prior to migration?

Posted on May 24, 2020 11:40 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

May 24, 2020 2:28 PM in response to Soft-Ware

Hello,

If your Macintosh connects to the internet using ethernet then you could disconnect the ethernet cable. Alternatively if your Mac connects to the internet using Wi-Fi then you could temporarily unplug your Wi-Fi from power. This would allow you to start your Mac up without fear of it connecting to the internet. You could then follow the information in this Apple Support document to migrate messages out of Mail which you then could import into your newer Mac.

Move or copy emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Setting up mac mini for the first time and it erased all of my emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.