You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv subscription

i am currently on a 1 YEAR apple tv trial, but my apple tv device shows subscription in no longer active. i am currently logged into my apple tv device with my apple ID, but i can't get apple tv to recognize my subscription. my subscription expires in November 20th 2020. my subscription under settings list my expiration date the same.

i signed out of the apple tv device and signed back in but that did not help. any ideas?

Posted on May 24, 2020 3:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 24, 2020 4:31 PM

We still don’t know what model it is, and what version software it was running. Maybe it just needed a restart; no way to tell anymore.

Apple always recommends updating to the latest version software. Not-current versions are ‘not supported’ on any device, if later versions are available for that device. Apple TV+ system requirements says “the latest version” OS.

Apple TV+ requires tvOS 13 (maybe even 12.3) or later for Apple TV (4th generation or later), available since September 24, 2019.

Apple TV+ requires Apple TV Software version 7.3 or later for Apple TV (3rd generation), available since May 13, 2019.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 24, 2020 4:31 PM in response to ammo123

We still don’t know what model it is, and what version software it was running. Maybe it just needed a restart; no way to tell anymore.

Apple always recommends updating to the latest version software. Not-current versions are ‘not supported’ on any device, if later versions are available for that device. Apple TV+ system requirements says “the latest version” OS.

Apple TV+ requires tvOS 13 (maybe even 12.3) or later for Apple TV (4th generation or later), available since September 24, 2019.

Apple TV+ requires Apple TV Software version 7.3 or later for Apple TV (3rd generation), available since May 13, 2019.

apple tv subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.