Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Gmail Inbox Disappeared When I Moved To My New Phone

I just upgraded from iPhone 5 to and iPhone 8 (yeah I know I'm behind the times). I backed up everything on iCloud and it restored everything just fine. However my Gmail account doesn't have the Inbox. All the other Mailboxes are there. Any suggestions?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on May 24, 2020 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 11:57 AM

Hello there iPhone_Move_Questions,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are having issues with not being able to access the Gmail inbox using the Mail app on your iPhone after restoring from a backup. I am more than happy to help you out with this.

Since you're seeing your other mailboxes, please try to remove the account, and set it back up again:

"Remove your email account and set it up again

1. On your computer, sign in to your email provider’s website. Make sure that all of your email is there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than your iOS device.
  2. On your iOS device, go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts.
  3. Tap the email account that you want to remove.
  4. Tap Delete Account.
  5. Add your account again."

If you can’t send email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2020 11:57 AM in response to iPhone_Move_Questions

Hello there iPhone_Move_Questions,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are having issues with not being able to access the Gmail inbox using the Mail app on your iPhone after restoring from a backup. I am more than happy to help you out with this.

Since you're seeing your other mailboxes, please try to remove the account, and set it back up again:

"Remove your email account and set it up again

1. On your computer, sign in to your email provider’s website. Make sure that all of your email is there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than your iOS device.
  2. On your iOS device, go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts.
  3. Tap the email account that you want to remove.
  4. Tap Delete Account.
  5. Add your account again."

If you can’t send email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care.

My Gmail Inbox Disappeared When I Moved To My New Phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.