Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Download Proxima Nova

Mac OS Catalina includes some fonts that can be downloaded by the user. I'm able to download all of them except for Proxima Nova. Anyone else with this problem or better yet, a solution?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210192

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 25, 2020 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 2:49 AM

Hi all,

Thanks for your time and energy helping me solve this but I just found the solution!

Turns out I already had Proxima Nova installed through Adobe Fonts (fka Typekit). Those fonts don't show up in Font Book, but the system does recognize them as already being installed and therefore doesn't show them as available for download. When I deactivated the typeface through Adobe Fonts, it immediately showed up as available for download from Apple through Font Book. Hope this helps anyone with the same problem!

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2020 2:49 AM in response to BartL97

Hi all,

Thanks for your time and energy helping me solve this but I just found the solution!

Turns out I already had Proxima Nova installed through Adobe Fonts (fka Typekit). Those fonts don't show up in Font Book, but the system does recognize them as already being installed and therefore doesn't show them as available for download. When I deactivated the typeface through Adobe Fonts, it immediately showed up as available for download from Apple through Font Book. Hope this helps anyone with the same problem!

May 26, 2020 2:37 AM in response to BartL97

BartL97 wrote:

Hi Diala, when I try to download Proxima Nova from Finder in the steps as described in the linked support document, I don’t get Proxima Nova when searching in All Fonts in FontBook. It’s simply not there, the list is empty.

I'm not sure what you mean by "from Finder". The way to download it is to open Font Book, select "All Fonts" in the left column, find the greyed out "Proxima Nova" name in the list of fonts, select it, then click the "Download" button near the top of the Font Book window.

Once done the font will no longer be greyed out.

May 25, 2020 4:49 PM in response to BartL97

You don't say what is happening. All of Apple's fonts are installed with the operating system and they can not be readily removed. Are you saying that your system fonts folder is empty? I am sure that will not be the case. Are you trying to download some other fonts? If you can be more specific as to what you are doing, then we can be of assistance.

Can't Download Proxima Nova

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.