Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple watch - slow second count in alarm

I have an Apple Watch 4 and really like to use the alarm to count down - ie if I know I need to break off and do something in 15 min., I set the alarm and it reminds me == but usually I can raise my wrist and see the seconds count down. But noticed last night that while it was set to run out in 15 min. when I raised my wrist it said "7:34" for many seconds and while it did change later when I next raised my wrist, it wasn't counting down. Also when I am counting down to the end, such as when I added 3 min. to a recipe and am just watching the last seconds, it doesn't count down. It sits there without a change =- it == is this normal or something I can fix? I like the countdown feature.

Apple Watch

Posted on May 25, 2020 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2020 6:45 AM

Hello Victoria Herring,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Community! I see you are having an issue with your timer application performance lately. It is important to be able to use all the applications on your watch efficiently.

Start by closing the timer application in the watch dock and reloading it: Open apps on Apple Watch.

If the issue persists, try restarting the watch and loading the application again: How to restart your Apple Watch.

Also, check if your watch needs software updates, which may help with any software issues: Update your Apple Watch.

Take Care!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2020 6:45 AM in response to Victoria Herring

Hello Victoria Herring,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Community! I see you are having an issue with your timer application performance lately. It is important to be able to use all the applications on your watch efficiently.

Start by closing the timer application in the watch dock and reloading it: Open apps on Apple Watch.

If the issue persists, try restarting the watch and loading the application again: How to restart your Apple Watch.

Also, check if your watch needs software updates, which may help with any software issues: Update your Apple Watch.

Take Care!

apple watch - slow second count in alarm

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.