Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keychain Access

Guys and Girls,

Since I have upgraded to Catalina several of my applications ask fo access to my Keychain and require a password to allow them. Google Earth Pro is one that does. I don't know why GEP would need access to my Keychain but it asks every time I open it. When I "Deny" it opens to the application normally.

I don't know the password nor do I ever remember assigning one. How can I retrieve it and possibly change it? Or at least get rid of the dialog boxes that require it.

Thanks.

Regards, Phil

Macintosh b’Gosh

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 25, 2020 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 2:09 PM

Hello philhansen,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. I see that multiple apps are requesting access to Keychain Access after recently updating macOS on your Mac. You've come to the right place! Please use the steps in the following resources to review, edit, and delete keychains used in Keychain Access:

View the information stored in a keychain on Mac

Delete a keychain in Keychain Access on Mac

Let us know the results. Include specific error messages and any troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2020 2:09 PM in response to philhansen

Hello philhansen,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. I see that multiple apps are requesting access to Keychain Access after recently updating macOS on your Mac. You've come to the right place! Please use the steps in the following resources to review, edit, and delete keychains used in Keychain Access:

View the information stored in a keychain on Mac

Delete a keychain in Keychain Access on Mac

Let us know the results. Include specific error messages and any troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

Keychain Access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.