Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac won't verify my email after a password change on ATT

I have had no success for 2 weeks now trying to fix the problem of my mac mini not verifying my email account from ATT since I had to change my email password.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on May 25, 2020 8:46 AM

6 replies

Jun 10, 2020 11:32 AM in response to QuickPost

I had this same problem and deleted the att email account and it still says it cannot verify password and account for att email account. There seems to be a lot of people with this problem but no solutions I can find. It is something with the att and apple mail? Is there something with iCloud or having multiple devices that is causing a problem of getting my email back functioning again after a password change?

Jun 22, 2020 1:44 PM in response to DrGillian

I had the same problem. All email was fine until I changed a password and got a new computer. I could not find anything online and after 4 days I went to the att store. I was told there that you have to go through the yahoo server now. So I deleted the old att account and signed up using the yahoo option. I don't have the settings I used on that but I did find that on the att web site. You have to use the ones for the yahoo server. That worked for me and I have not had problems since.

Jun 22, 2020 1:45 PM in response to WalkSenja

I had the same problem. All email was fine until I changed a password and got a new computer. I could not find anything online and after 4 days I went to the att store. I was told there that you have to go through the yahoo server now. So I deleted the old att account and signed up using the yahoo option. I don't have the settings I used on that but I did find that on the att web site. You have to use the ones for the yahoo server. That worked for me and I have not had problems since.

Mac won't verify my email after a password change on ATT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.