Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app's "Flagged" folder shows I have one flag, but when I click the folder it is empty.

I have a Macbook pro with macOS Cataliina version 10.15.4.

Within my mail app, my Flagged folder shows that I have one flagged message.

However, when I click this folder, it is empty.

This is driving me crazy. Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

Thank you!

Mac Pro

Posted on May 25, 2020 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2020 10:04 AM

Try rebuilding all of your mailboxes that are not smart mailboxes.

If that doesn't do the trick boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and check there to see if the problem persists.  Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2020 10:04 AM in response to houstongirl2020

Try rebuilding all of your mailboxes that are not smart mailboxes.

If that doesn't do the trick boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and check there to see if the problem persists.  Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

Mail app's "Flagged" folder shows I have one flag, but when I click the folder it is empty.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.