Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple icloud phone call

I just received a phone call saying that my apple icloud account has been breached and I should press one to speak to an icloud support member. I did not so they disconnected. Was this an actual call from apple? I have not received an email from apple about this. The number that was listed for the call was 1-800-738-3244

iPhone

Posted on May 25, 2020 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2020 11:27 AM

It was a scam. Apple does not make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem with your account you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging in to this forum. Also note that with virtually all phishing and scam calls the number shown is spoofed rather than the actual number that is originating the call. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2020 11:27 AM in response to martamor

It was a scam. Apple does not make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem with your account you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging in to this forum. Also note that with virtually all phishing and scam calls the number shown is spoofed rather than the actual number that is originating the call. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

apple icloud phone call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.