Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received a call from Apple saying that my iCloud had been breached

Hi everyone. I received a call from Apple saying that my iCloud had been breeched. I've never received a phone call like this so I hung up, incase it was a scam. Has this happened to anyone before? Was it actually a scam or was it a legit phone call? Phone number that contacted me was 1800-***-****

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 10:10 AM

It was a scam. Those calls are very common. Apple does not make unsolicited phone calls. The number shown on incoming calls is easily spoofed and in the case of scam calls is rarely the actual number that originated the call.

Also see: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2019 10:10 AM in response to brishick22

It was a scam. Those calls are very common. Apple does not make unsolicited phone calls. The number shown on incoming calls is easily spoofed and in the case of scam calls is rarely the actual number that originated the call.

Also see: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

I received a call from Apple saying that my iCloud had been breached

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.