Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please fix new Logic Pro 10.5.0 Update!

Ever since I upgraded to Logic 10.5.0 update, almost every alchemy and sample track in my last few projects have been corrupted and sound like a bunch of robot noises when I try to play them back. Also, logic has been repeatedly crashing and freezing up and sometimes the playhead button in the project window refuses to work. Has anyone else been experiencing this problem?! Apple please fix!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 25, 2020 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2020 4:55 AM

Hi Carson, were you able to zip the previous version of Logic (10.4.x) up prior to upgrading? I got burnt a few versions prior and it's now suggested practice by Apple on their release notes page. With major updates it's definitely worth having the previous version backed up just in case you have issues on important projects that you can still open in the previous version, and test the new update without saving your project so the older version of Logic doesn't have headaches. I've not had this problem badly but I was able to mitigate the playhead button issue by control + clicking the icon in Arrange and deselecting all the Catch options, as well as creating a key command for it. You may have already done this?

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2020 4:55 AM in response to Carson_01

Hi Carson, were you able to zip the previous version of Logic (10.4.x) up prior to upgrading? I got burnt a few versions prior and it's now suggested practice by Apple on their release notes page. With major updates it's definitely worth having the previous version backed up just in case you have issues on important projects that you can still open in the previous version, and test the new update without saving your project so the older version of Logic doesn't have headaches. I've not had this problem badly but I was able to mitigate the playhead button issue by control + clicking the icon in Arrange and deselecting all the Catch options, as well as creating a key command for it. You may have already done this?

May 27, 2020 10:23 AM in response to Carson_01

Yes! Logic updated automatically on my Mac yesterday and it was working great, then all of a sudden I went to playback my tracks and it changed what they sounded like, it was all corrupted. My Mac is completely up to date and I have tried restarting my computer and restarting Logic but nothing has helped. I thought I was the only one with this issue! I haven't found anything online yet on how to fix this issue.

Please fix new Logic Pro 10.5.0 Update!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.