Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

add animation to objects in keynote after recording audio

I have narrated my Keynote presentation and would now like to add some animated objects to the first slide.

I don't transition to the second slide until 48 seconds into the narration.

However, when I added the animated objects to the first slide I lost all of the narration. (I have a back-up in time machine so no worries).

Does anyone know if there is a way to make this change to my presentation?

Regards

Bill

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 25, 2020 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 2:56 PM

If you make any changes to an exiting recorded slideshow that has a recorded narration, for example; adding animations or deleting or adding slides, the timings of the recorded slideshow will be changed and the narration will be out of sync with the images.

A warning notice will display:

You will need to re-do the Record Slideshow:

clear the recording (Play > Clear Recording) then re-record the narration again

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2020 2:56 PM in response to billfromgrimsby

If you make any changes to an exiting recorded slideshow that has a recorded narration, for example; adding animations or deleting or adding slides, the timings of the recorded slideshow will be changed and the narration will be out of sync with the images.

A warning notice will display:

You will need to re-do the Record Slideshow:

clear the recording (Play > Clear Recording) then re-record the narration again

May 27, 2020 5:53 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks Gary,

I was hoping for a work around.

Like, extracting the narration as an audio file and then adding it as the soundtrack for the revised presentation, but I couldn’t figure out how to extract the audio.

For now, I’ve exported the old presentation as a movie, then opened in iMovie and added the extra animation there.

thanks again for your help.

Bill

add animation to objects in keynote after recording audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.