Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I sync animation with audio in Keynote?

Hi,

Does anyone know if a way to time my animations with the audio narration in Keynote? I know you can do it in PowerPoint but I cant seem to find anything about it for Keynote.

Thanks in advance for your help!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 4:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 9:19 AM

There are a number of ways to time visual and sound content in Keynote, depending on the particular slideshow being created. The quickest and easiest way is to use Record Slideshow from the Play menu.

timing video playback using record slideshow

• place the content on separate slides
  • set Presentation Type to Normal: Inspector Document > Document > Presentation Type:   Normal
  • select the slide where the recording is to start.
  • go to Play > Record slide show
  • click the red button to start, then press the spacebar to advance through the presentation
  • if a narration is to be added while recording select the microphone to be used in System Preferences > Sound > Input and adjust the input volume slider
  • when finished, click the red button again, then click the X button top right to exit Record

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2021 9:19 AM in response to Derrick C

There are a number of ways to time visual and sound content in Keynote, depending on the particular slideshow being created. The quickest and easiest way is to use Record Slideshow from the Play menu.

timing video playback using record slideshow

• place the content on separate slides
  • set Presentation Type to Normal: Inspector Document > Document > Presentation Type:   Normal
  • select the slide where the recording is to start.
  • go to Play > Record slide show
  • click the red button to start, then press the spacebar to advance through the presentation
  • if a narration is to be added while recording select the microphone to be used in System Preferences > Sound > Input and adjust the input volume slider
  • when finished, click the red button again, then click the X button top right to exit Record

How can I sync animation with audio in Keynote?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.