Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I assign an Octave +1/-1 button for my midi keyboard controller

Can I assign an Octave +1/-1 button for my midi keyboard controller, the same way that Z and X function for the Step input keyboard (cmd+K musical typing)?

I am using the Roland Juno DS Keyboard, and despite not being strictly a midi controller, it has a DAW control setting, and certain buttons are automatically assigned properly (like play and record). Unfortunately the Octave up and down buttons on the keyboard do not seem to do what I want in the DAW control mode, and instead affect the internal sounds only.

My Juno DS keyboard has knobs, sliders and 8 buttons that can be assigned in a DAW, and I am hoping there is a way to assign two of the buttons as Octave +/- .

I have managed to find the corresponding buttons in the Controller assignments expert view , but I dont see any action that could do what I am looking for.

I have tried assigning the Octave -1 from the Step input keyboard, but this does not work. Logic receives the input because if I keep pressing it, a popup will say "the action was not possible because it is too low" or something like that, but it does not seem to change anything. It also does not change the octave when using the small cmd+K keyboard, so I am not sure what it is doing.

The Juno DS connects to Logic as a Mackie Control device. For some reason, it does not appear in the list of midi controllers, but it still works. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Is there a way to set up octave +1/-1 buttons for my midi keyboard?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 25, 2020 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2020 3:32 PM

ok well.... my keyboard has a firmware update that allows the octave buttons to work in the DAW control mode. Sooooo nevermind.

Similar questions

1 reply

Can I assign an Octave +1/-1 button for my midi keyboard controller

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.