Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"resource busy" error .dmg

Why do i get "resource busy" error opening a .dmg file containing software from turbotax OS 10.14 on iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012)?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 25, 2020 4:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 4:22 PM

Hello geezer-ed,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. As I understand it, you're receiving a "resource busy" alert when working with a disk image on your Mac. I'll be glad to see how I can help.

Are you opening the disk image from Finder or a similar folder, or from within the Disk Utility app? If you've only tried Disk Utility, see how it works from Finder.

If you get the same result, click Apple menu () > Restart and test again. Does that help?

If not, try booting into safe mode next to see if the issue persists there, or if you're able to open it: How to use safe mode on your Mac. Once you've tested in safe mode, click Apple menu () > Restart to boot back to normal.

Reply back here with how it goes. Kind regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2020 4:22 PM in response to geezer-ed

Hello geezer-ed,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. As I understand it, you're receiving a "resource busy" alert when working with a disk image on your Mac. I'll be glad to see how I can help.

Are you opening the disk image from Finder or a similar folder, or from within the Disk Utility app? If you've only tried Disk Utility, see how it works from Finder.

If you get the same result, click Apple menu () > Restart and test again. Does that help?

If not, try booting into safe mode next to see if the issue persists there, or if you're able to open it: How to use safe mode on your Mac. Once you've tested in safe mode, click Apple menu () > Restart to boot back to normal.

Reply back here with how it goes. Kind regards.

"resource busy" error .dmg

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.