Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to upload files to Internet. (MacBook Pro 13-inch 2018)

Hi people,

I hope everything is good. I thought I could get some advice on Safari troubleshooting. I have not been able to upload any file from Safari since I upgraded the system to Mac Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287). I have tried using Chrome and Firefox. None of them works. The dialog box just pops up and crashes right away, making the application unresponsive after. I try to force quit the application, but it's still the same. I have tried removing cookies and cache data as well. But it works when I use a different Apple account on the same machine. I believe this issue started only after the latest Mac update. Is there anyone else facing the same? Can someone help me with the case? Thanks in advance, guys.

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 25, 2020 6:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2020 7:19 PM

Is it working using a different Apple ID or a different user account?

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Does it work if you boot into the Safe Mode in your normal user account?

Safe Mode - About.       

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin.    

Etrecheck – System Information.      

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2020 7:19 PM in response to tarunvercetti

Is it working using a different Apple ID or a different user account?

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Does it work if you boot into the Safe Mode in your normal user account?

Safe Mode - About.       

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin.    

Etrecheck – System Information.      

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

May 27, 2020 5:15 AM in response to Eric Root

Yes, Eric. I have uninstalled the whole antivirus from the machine. Is it something to do with Javascript? I'm not sure because it's on and off. Sometimes the dialog box to choose upload pops up and then beachballing happens until I force quit the program. Firefox works at times. I'm not able to figure out as this is not happening just with specific drives like Google or Dropbox, but with any site where I have to upload files. It is really awful as I have to swap between browsers, whichever works, at the time of upload. Thank you very much for your support.

Not able to upload files to Internet. (MacBook Pro 13-inch 2018)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.