Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All browsers Chrome/Opera/Firefox/Brave but not Safari crash on select a file to upload.

Hi there,

After upgrading to Catalina I have a terrible issue and since I am w web developer this issue really prevents me from doing my work.

As in the title whenever I try to upload a file on any of the given browsers they just turn off (crash but with no info). Safari on the other hand works fine.

As I mentioned before as a web developer I cannot rely only on one working browser as I need to test my software on all possible ones.

I look forward to anyone's reply.

FYI my browsers/system/other apps are up-to-date. No upgrade/update info.

Best wishes,

Adrian

MacBook

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 3:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 5:34 AM

So...

After 1hour of phone call with Apple Support finally I was able to solve my problem

1. I was using CleanMyMacX - which was working fine before the upgrade
  2. I cleaned Cache by holding Command+Option+P+R for 20seconds while booting, the system restarted and now everything works perfectly

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2019 5:34 AM in response to adrdro

So...

After 1hour of phone call with Apple Support finally I was able to solve my problem

1. I was using CleanMyMacX - which was working fine before the upgrade
  2. I cleaned Cache by holding Command+Option+P+R for 20seconds while booting, the system restarted and now everything works perfectly

Oct 14, 2019 3:51 AM in response to ksaro1

Well I was able to turn on logging on Chrome and on upload to GoogleDrive it presents with this error and crashes

```

1014/124727.485822:WARNING:process_memory_mac.cc(93)] mach_vm_read(0x7ffee9b43000, 0x2000): (os/kern) invalid address (1)

[1014/124727.613349:WARNING:system_snapshot_mac.cc(42)] sysctlbyname kern.nx: No such file or directory (2)

[1014/124727.637097:WARNING:crash_report_exception_handler.cc(239)] UniversalExceptionRaise: (os/kern) failure (5)

```

So I am guessing this has something to do with access premissions

All browsers Chrome/Opera/Firefox/Brave but not Safari crash on select a file to upload.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.