Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SMS to 4477862***. Pls,stop doing that!

Hello. I live in Russia. I have such a problem. When I switch on/off my phone, it send a message to 4477862****. I leave my money because it's an international message. How can I turn off this opption?

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on May 26, 2020 12:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2020 8:46 AM

To clarify, if you use iMessage and faceTime your phone will send texts to Apple’s servers in the UK any time the phone gets turned off or on, and also regularly during normal operation to reconfirm that these services are still on. You have 2 options: Switch to a supported carrier that doesn’t charge for these messages (or even show them) or permanently disable iMessage and FaceTime. Unless you want to pay for daily international text messages to Apple’s server in the UK you should log out of FaceTime and iMessage. Note that turning them off is not sufficient; you must actually log out.

FaceTime: Go to Settings/FaceTime, turn it on if it is off, tap on your Apple ID and tap Sign Out

iMessage: Go to Settings/Messages, turn it on if it is off, tap on Send & Receive, then your Apple ID, and tap Sign Out

Two more international texts will be sent after you do this, but they should then stop.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2020 8:46 AM in response to Irina_Auer

To clarify, if you use iMessage and faceTime your phone will send texts to Apple’s servers in the UK any time the phone gets turned off or on, and also regularly during normal operation to reconfirm that these services are still on. You have 2 options: Switch to a supported carrier that doesn’t charge for these messages (or even show them) or permanently disable iMessage and FaceTime. Unless you want to pay for daily international text messages to Apple’s server in the UK you should log out of FaceTime and iMessage. Note that turning them off is not sufficient; you must actually log out.

FaceTime: Go to Settings/FaceTime, turn it on if it is off, tap on your Apple ID and tap Sign Out

iMessage: Go to Settings/Messages, turn it on if it is off, tap on Send & Receive, then your Apple ID, and tap Sign Out

Two more international texts will be sent after you do this, but they should then stop.

SMS to 4477862***. Pls,stop doing that!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.