Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t log into my optonline.net email account

I think my email has recently been hacked as I’ve been getting emails to reset my Netflix and Spotify accounts. I figured I should change the passwords to everything so I started with my email. I changed the password to my optonline email but then the email stopped working on my phone. I figured it was because I needed to login with the correct password so I deleted the email account from my phone and tried to login with the new password. It then told me the email was invalid. I looked and made sure my server settings were set correctly but still no luck. This is my main email and it would be really inconvenient if I can’t sign in on my phone anymore since I have online school send help lol

iPhone 11, 13

Posted on May 26, 2020 1:05 AM

2 replies

May 26, 2020 1:30 AM in response to K8t1eGall

K8t1eGall Said:

"Can’t log into my optonline.net email account: I think my email has recently been hacked as I’ve been getting emails to reset my Netflix and Spotify accounts. I figured I should change the passwords to everything so I started with my email. I changed the password to my optonline email"

-------

A Few Thoughts:

A. Modify your Credentials, ASAP:

• Create and Use: a New eMail Account for Log In
  • Create and Use: a New Password - Different Ones per site.
  • Do Not Use: a password that you have ever used in the past
  • Use: Two-Factor Authentication, for Apple and all other accounts, if an available option

B. Contact the Sites, for Account Security Issues:

Select your Correct Location for Assistance

C. Recording Passwords:

Keep a handwritten copy of them on a hard sheet of paper. Store it in a location that only you have access to, and only you are aware of. Do not share this information with anyone whomsoever.

May 26, 2020 3:11 AM in response to TheLittles

That was like lowkey not helpful at all. I needed help logging into my optonline email with the new password not advise on changing all my passwords. I got it to work on my own so yay me. If anyone else has trouble working their optimum email after having to change their password here’s what I did. Instead of going to your Apple ID information under name phone numbers and emails to try to change it go to your passwords and accounts. Under accounts you should see your optonline account tap on that and press delete account. Now go back to passwords and accounts and tap add account and sign into your account using your updated account information. My problem was that I was trying to do it from the Apple ID area under name email and phone number where it says “reachable at” I deleted optonline from that area and have still not been able to add it back. Hopefully this helps anyone with a similar problem

Can’t log into my optonline.net email account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.