Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How replace Contacts.app only? High Sierra

Contacts.app misfunctions, For many months. Running High Sierra. Examples: While editing a card, It reverts to non-editing. I frequently see a card in which I had Previously entered notes or other fields of data, which longer appear in the card.

So I thought perhaps I could download only the contacts.app, in case it is corrupted or something.

What should I do?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 26, 2020 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 7:32 AM

You cannot just download and install the contacts app, it comes as part of the OS.

Have you tried to start your mac up in Safe Mode, this runs some disk repairs and cleans out caches and may help

with your issue. How to use safe mode on your Mac – Apple Support

Safe Mode takes quite a while to boot up, so be patient. When it does boot up open contacts

and see if there is any improvement. Then just restart as normal.

Next you could try installing the macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 Combo update.

Download it from here, https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1970?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Once downloaded double-click to install. If you have installed any Security Updates that were released

after the Combo was released the Combo may refuse to install.

If that does not work then you may need to reinstall a full version of High Sierra.

There is no need to wipe your disk and start afresh just install it over what you have,

it will not affect your personal data. Please make a full backup before doing this.

Open Safari and click on this link, do not use Firefox

How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

Go to Section 4 and click on Get macOS High Sierra

this will link to the App Store High Sierra download page,

press 'Get'.

This will download Install macOS High Sierra.app to your Applications folder,

double-click to start the installation.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2020 7:32 AM in response to Wm Marston

You cannot just download and install the contacts app, it comes as part of the OS.

Have you tried to start your mac up in Safe Mode, this runs some disk repairs and cleans out caches and may help

with your issue. How to use safe mode on your Mac – Apple Support

Safe Mode takes quite a while to boot up, so be patient. When it does boot up open contacts

and see if there is any improvement. Then just restart as normal.

Next you could try installing the macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 Combo update.

Download it from here, https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1970?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Once downloaded double-click to install. If you have installed any Security Updates that were released

after the Combo was released the Combo may refuse to install.

If that does not work then you may need to reinstall a full version of High Sierra.

There is no need to wipe your disk and start afresh just install it over what you have,

it will not affect your personal data. Please make a full backup before doing this.

Open Safari and click on this link, do not use Firefox

How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

Go to Section 4 and click on Get macOS High Sierra

this will link to the App Store High Sierra download page,

press 'Get'.

This will download Install macOS High Sierra.app to your Applications folder,

double-click to start the installation.

How replace Contacts.app only? High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.