Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SE 2020 - must press very hard to drag on screen?

I'm replacing an iPhone SE (2016) with an SE (2020).

Both are in an identical Otterbox Defender case with screen protector.

With my old SE, a very light touch is all I need.

With my new SE, I have to press Hard.

Is this a bug, or a 'feature' of the new phones?

iPhone SE

Posted on May 26, 2020 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 5:26 PM

I just received a "[3 Pack] LK Screen Protector for New iPhone SE 2020 / iPhone SE2 / iPhone 7 / iPhone 8" from Amazon.

After working for 10 minutes to get the bubbles out, the screen works Perfectly.

I ripped out the flimsy plastic from the Otterbox Defender case, and so far I'm very happy with this solution.

I looks better and works better than Any of my previous Defender cases alone, which would always look like **** when I cleaned the plastic with 92% alcohol.

My only advice is to wait a bit before putting it inside the case. Some tiny bubbles may appear a few minutes later.

If I do see more bubbles, and the rioters leave my Apple Store standing, I will try Apple's Belkin screen protector solution.

They have a machine to apply the screen protector without Any bubbles, so it will probably be a better solution.

But with C19, Apple Stores closed, rioting ... yada yada yada - this will be quite workable for now and Massively better than before. I can scroll with just a feather touch, just like it should work without a screen protector.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2020 5:26 PM in response to exquirentibus

I just received a "[3 Pack] LK Screen Protector for New iPhone SE 2020 / iPhone SE2 / iPhone 7 / iPhone 8" from Amazon.

After working for 10 minutes to get the bubbles out, the screen works Perfectly.

I ripped out the flimsy plastic from the Otterbox Defender case, and so far I'm very happy with this solution.

I looks better and works better than Any of my previous Defender cases alone, which would always look like **** when I cleaned the plastic with 92% alcohol.

My only advice is to wait a bit before putting it inside the case. Some tiny bubbles may appear a few minutes later.

If I do see more bubbles, and the rioters leave my Apple Store standing, I will try Apple's Belkin screen protector solution.

They have a machine to apply the screen protector without Any bubbles, so it will probably be a better solution.

But with C19, Apple Stores closed, rioting ... yada yada yada - this will be quite workable for now and Massively better than before. I can scroll with just a feather touch, just like it should work without a screen protector.

May 26, 2020 3:38 PM in response to sberman

I'm familiar with 'haptic touch', I've got several Apple Watches.

It takes More pressure to drag a scrolling list across the screen (totally unrelated to haptic).

And I"m trying to figure out if that's just with me, or that is the case for All users?

I spoke with an Apple senior tech earlier, and there's no sensitivity setting that would affect this.

So, either it's an issue with my phone, or it's an issue with All their SE 2020 phones?

SE 2020 - must press very hard to drag on screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.