Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iPhone won’t accept my passcode

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on May 26, 2020 3:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 4:49 PM

i am connected to wifi.

i have reset my phone to factory settings as well as the rest of the restarts and resets.

when i input my apple id and password in on the the phone to activate it says incorrect apple id or password but it works everywhere else. when i try to activate with itunes it says that this apple id cannot be used to unlock this phone but i have never used another account with this phone. the phone is not listed in my devices either which seems weird. i did buy this phone second hand but hand no problem activating it when i purchased it.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2020 4:49 PM in response to Eric Root

i am connected to wifi.

i have reset my phone to factory settings as well as the rest of the restarts and resets.

when i input my apple id and password in on the the phone to activate it says incorrect apple id or password but it works everywhere else. when i try to activate with itunes it says that this apple id cannot be used to unlock this phone but i have never used another account with this phone. the phone is not listed in my devices either which seems weird. i did buy this phone second hand but hand no problem activating it when i purchased it.

Jun 8, 2020 11:21 AM in response to CharlieHaa

Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch         

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device.      

If necessary

Hard reset.        

Do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from your backup.

Restore to Factory setting.      

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.      

Jun 8, 2020 5:17 PM in response to CharlieHaa

If you are getting a message that your Apple ID can't be used to unlock the phone, you will need to contact the previous owner to have them log out of iCloud or go to https://www.icloud.com/find/ My Phone and erase the device, then remove it from their account. If you can’t do that, the device is useless. Apple won't unlock it.

Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support.      

Jun 9, 2020 8:54 AM in response to Eric Root

The thing is that the phone says its linked to my apple id. it has my most of it blocked out but it is the the one i last used for this phone. its itunes that says my id wont work for this phone, its quite confusing and annoying. I can contact the people i got the phone off of but when i got it from them it was free and clear and i set it up no problem. until i lost my passcode and had to get apple to recover it, they made me wait a couple weeks then allowed me to proceed, everything went smooth except this.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.