Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod - is there a way to use a 2nd speaker with a HomePod?

I have a HomePod in my house and would love to use a 2nd portable speaker on the deck or porch as an extension of what the HomePod in the house is playing - any way to do that?

HomePod, 13

Posted on May 26, 2020 3:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 12:28 PM

It's very possible with two (0r more) HomePods. In our home I have two HomePods in the living room, set up to play in stereo, either from my Apple Music library OR as the speakers for the Apple TV (series 4)... I also have a HomePod in the bedroom/study.

I can ask Siri to play separate playlists in the two locations, or play whatever I want in one of them, nothing at all in the other. Or, more to your point, I can have been listening to a playlist in the living room and simply say, "Hey, Siri, play the same music in the bedroom" and she will, exactly the same, so as I walk from one area to the other, there's no break.

These are all on the same basic wi-fi network, or course, (although one is on a wifi extender).

Anyway, I've never had any difficulty at all having them play in that way.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2020 12:28 PM in response to bassdon

It's very possible with two (0r more) HomePods. In our home I have two HomePods in the living room, set up to play in stereo, either from my Apple Music library OR as the speakers for the Apple TV (series 4)... I also have a HomePod in the bedroom/study.

I can ask Siri to play separate playlists in the two locations, or play whatever I want in one of them, nothing at all in the other. Or, more to your point, I can have been listening to a playlist in the living room and simply say, "Hey, Siri, play the same music in the bedroom" and she will, exactly the same, so as I walk from one area to the other, there's no break.

These are all on the same basic wi-fi network, or course, (although one is on a wifi extender).

Anyway, I've never had any difficulty at all having them play in that way.

Homepod - is there a way to use a 2nd speaker with a HomePod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.