Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Exercise circle

My exercise circle does not match my workout app. It’s will show whole workout on app but less time in exercise circle

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on May 26, 2020 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2020 5:33 AM

Try recalibrating the watch;

Calibrating your Apple Watch

5 replies

May 26, 2020 5:40 PM in response to SD504

The exercise ring measures the amount of time that you were travelling at a brisk walking pace (approx 3.3 mph or above) and also the amount of time that your heart rate was at 75% of your maximum or above, if you slow down or pause then the watch will stop tracking and you will not get any exercise credit.

May 27, 2020 4:44 AM in response to Community User

I'm having this exact issue with my Series 5, but only since the latest OS update; I took a brisk walk on Monday for 30 minutes, at the same rate as I have many other times but on this occasion it only registered 7 minutes of exercise. I've also done 20 minutes of exercise today and it's registered only 10 - something with the way it tracks that has definitely been broken since updating to the current OS. I've also noticed that it's not updating the amount as frequently, it seems to now only update the total properly when I stop.

Prior to updating, it would sometimes be a little too sensitive, so it feels like they've turned down its tracking a bit...but by too much.

Apple Watch Exercise circle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.