Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch workout problem

How to I get outdoor walk back to open goal instead of showing time or calories, the rest of the workouts are all showing open goal apart from outdoor walk

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 11:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 11:52 AM

Just before you start your next workout do this;

On the workout type tap on the 3 dots top right corner and then tap on Open then start a workout and when you've finished tap on end,the watch will remember your last setting and next time you do a workout it will be set to open goal.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2020 11:52 AM in response to Gaildocx

Just before you start your next workout do this;

On the workout type tap on the 3 dots top right corner and then tap on Open then start a workout and when you've finished tap on end,the watch will remember your last setting and next time you do a workout it will be set to open goal.

Dec 15, 2020 10:15 PM in response to Community User

I believe that most users (me included) get confused between daily fitness goals and daily activity goals.

(It is natural to assume that daily activity goals need to be set. But daily fitness goals actually make more sense --- because you can achieve them by doing any activity you want.

Here are two important things to remember:

1. Apple Watch doesn't allow setting "daily ACTIVITY goals" for activities. So, the Apple Watch user has to set the goal for yourself just before beginning the workout. That goal is for the next workout only. Not for achieving it daily.
  2. Apple Watch allows setting "daily FITNESS goals" such as move, exercise, stand. Those are your daily goals. Those daily goals are represented by the circles on the fitness app. Move = red circle, Exercise = some other colour and so on. ...

Hope this clarifies it all.

Apple watch workout problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.