Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone software update notifications clogging up screen (on Mac)

I'm not updating my iPhone to 13.5 because one of my mobile games made an announcement that it is having issues with the update; aside from all the annoying reminders on my phone, I opened my laptop after 12 hours of having it closed and found the entire right side of my screen clogged with endless "iPhone Software Update: iOS 13.5 is available for your iPhone" notifications. Clicking "Learn More" doesn't make them all go away, and I can't close them all at once; this has happened before and I have filmed myself clicking "close" through literally hundreds of notifications just to clear up my sidebar. Turning Do Not Disturb on hides them but does not erase them, and they come back when I turn it back off. I've looked in Notification Settings but there's no option to turn off notifications for specifically "iPhone Software Update". How many notifications does Apple send per minute to have me clicking through hundreds of them after I leave my computer closed for half a day? And other than updating it (which I have done in the past to solve the problem and it still doesn't clear them) how can I get them to stop???

Example below:

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 26, 2020 6:46 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

iPhone software update notifications clogging up screen (on Mac)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.