Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an Apple ID and ICloud but it keeps sending emails to my ex- husband . How can I set up my own iCloud account in my own Apple ID instead of the old Apple ID I had with my Ex.

I had an Apple ID and iCloud account under my ex husband and now I have a new Apple ID under my own name but it seems to be using the old iCloud account and send all communication to his email .

how can I set up a new iCloud account with my own Apple ID and receive emails directly myself in my email instead of him forwarding them to me.?

iPhone X

Posted on May 26, 2020 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2020 3:14 AM

I had an Apple ID and iCloud account under my ex husband and now I have a new Apple ID under my own name but it seems to be using the old iCloud account and send all communication to his email .
how can I set up a new iCloud account with my own Apple ID and receive emails directly myself in my email instead of him forwarding them to me.?

The new Apple ID you say you created is also your iCloud account.

You should be singed in to your devices with your new Apple ID.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2020 3:14 AM in response to fariba150

The new Apple ID you say you created is also your iCloud account.

You should be singed in to your devices with your new Apple ID.

Jun 19, 2020 7:29 AM in response to fariba150

In addition, whenever and wherever possible, use two-factor authentication. It is usually found in settings under security. It will send a text to your phone with a 6 digit number that you will have to use to proceed into your account. Two-factor is available for most apps (Facebook, Twitter, Apple ID, etc...

If someone has your password(s), enable two-factor authentication then change your password.

I have an Apple ID and ICloud but it keeps sending emails to my ex- husband . How can I set up my own iCloud account in my own Apple ID instead of the old Apple ID I had with my Ex.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.