Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to add new iCloud email onto iPhon, keep saying to Apple ID doesn’t work

Synopsis: I was family sharing my own Apple ID for purchase, music and so on with hubby and still wish to share.

Factory reset my old MacBook Air and gave it to hubby. Created an Apple ID for him to receive iCloud email on it.

When trying to add iCloud email to his phone so he can receive his iCloud email onto it also, it doesn’t recognize his new Apple ID and it either says it’s not valid or already in use.

what am I doing wrong?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 2, 2021 2:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2021 8:35 AM

Have you tried deleting the account, restarting the device, and then adding the account back?

Mail – Setup on a device    

Similar questions

1 reply

Trying to add new iCloud email onto iPhon, keep saying to Apple ID doesn’t work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.