Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot browse Photos from Apple ID Preference pane

Signed in on my mac mini, I changed my avatar for iCloud. I clicked 'edit' where the image is shown and browsed the Photos albums to select the image. This replicated through to my iPhone, but not to my MBP. The MBP shows just the grey placeholder image.

If on the MBP I go to the Apple ID preferences and try to browse to the Photos albums, it says no images are available. Both Macs are running Catalina 10.15.4, and I am signed into the same iCloud account on all devices. Photos album is likewise aligned with preferences and account all set up the same.

I have signed out of iCloud and back into it on the MBP, but no difference in avatar or ability to browse the albums in Photos.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 27, 2020 4:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2020 4:57 PM

Hello muppetloverinatrashcan,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand that you are having issues browse photos from the Apple ID Preference panel. I'm happy to help you find some additional resources.

First, I would test the issue in safe mode. "Safe mode can help you to determine whether an issue is caused by software that loads as your Mac starts up." Here is a link to help you:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Let me know if you are still having issues after reviewing the link.

Have a great day!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2020 4:57 PM in response to muppetloverinatrashcan

Hello muppetloverinatrashcan,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand that you are having issues browse photos from the Apple ID Preference panel. I'm happy to help you find some additional resources.

First, I would test the issue in safe mode. "Safe mode can help you to determine whether an issue is caused by software that loads as your Mac starts up." Here is a link to help you:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Let me know if you are still having issues after reviewing the link.

Have a great day!

Cannot browse Photos from Apple ID Preference pane

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.