Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photos still not syncing after signing out/in

I have tried...

• confirming my Mac is up to date (macOS Catalina 10.15.6)
  • unchecking/checking the Photos box in my iCloud settings found in System Preferences
  • creating a new photo library
  • restarting the computer
  • ensuring my multitude of other devices have up to date syncs
  • signing out/in to iCloud and then restarting (I did both parts twice actually)

Despite all of this, iCloud Photos still won't sync with my Mac specifically. Very frustrating and I don't know what else to try. Terminal commands is the only other thing I can think of that might work, but I haven't found any relevant commands to do so. Is there anything else I can do besides creating a new user account on my Mac and migrating there?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 4:01 PM

Actually, your screenshot proves that you don’t have that library set as your System Photo Library but I was misdirected you in how to set it. What I told you only shows you the status and allows you to turn it and shared album syncing on and off. Sorry about that.

What you want to do is click the button to set the current (empty) library as your System Photo Library on the General tab of the Photos preferences.

Here’s the official Apple support doc on that: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204414

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2020 4:01 PM in response to ThatItalian21

Actually, your screenshot proves that you don’t have that library set as your System Photo Library but I was misdirected you in how to set it. What I told you only shows you the status and allows you to turn it and shared album syncing on and off. Sorry about that.

What you want to do is click the button to set the current (empty) library as your System Photo Library on the General tab of the Photos preferences.

Here’s the official Apple support doc on that: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204414

iCloud Photos still not syncing after signing out/in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.