Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem syncing photos with icloud

I used time machine to move all files and settings to a new Mac Pro (Monterey OS, 12.1). My photos library is installed on the hard drive and operates normally...but is not syncing with icloud. I opened system preferences and unticked the photos box in the icloud (with the idea of toggling it to activate syncing) and I'm prompted to enter my password and then to open a photos library...this works...but the photos box stays unticked in the icloud window...So, now icloud syncing with my photos libary is officially "Off" and I can't turn it back on????

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 10:06 AM

Hi

First check that the library is set as the system library - the circled button should be greyed out. (Photos preferences) If it isn’t, click it.

Then check icloud settings are as shown.

Also make sure you have enough iCloud space for your whole library, and lots of free space on your mac and phone.

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 24, 2022 9:53 AM in response to wormdoc

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

problem syncing photos with icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.