Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard going haywire when Magic Mouse 2 is connected

Hello,

With the release of mouse support for ipadOS, I was of course very excited to finally be able to use a mouse on my iPad. I bought a Magic Mouse 2 and started using it. I now use it together with my Magic Keyboard.

Unfortunately, a bug seems to exist where, at random moments, the keyboard seems to get stuck on the Command-Tab combination and scroll through all my apps or input from my keyboard is not received/significantly delayed (Multiple seconds).

If I turn the keyboard off and on again, it sometimes fixes the problem. If I re-pair it over bluetooth, it sometimes fixes the problem. The one thing that fixes the issue every time is turning off my Magic Mouse 2. The instant I turn it off, the keyboard is back to normal and stays that way until I reconnect it again. Sometimes it'll work, and sometimes it'll break again.

Has anyone experienced similar issues or knows of a fix?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on May 27, 2020 6:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2020 1:19 PM

Hello,

Try updating to iPadOS 13.5 to see if it resolves your problem.

Settings > General > Software Update

2 replies

Keyboard going haywire when Magic Mouse 2 is connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.