Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can no longer transfer photos from my iPhone to my photos app on my macbook pro.

I transferred my photos library to an external hard drive a few months ago, and ever since then I can only transfer a few photos at a time from my iphone to the external hard drive. Now, the photo app on my mac will not even recognize new photos to import.

My iPhone was running out of space so I attempted transferring photos again. After only 24 photos of nearly 2,000 being uploaded, it stopped and no others would transfer. After not being able to preview any new photos from the photos app on my mac, I looked at my iPhone storage and it now shows that I have no space being taken up by photos! Oh no! I can still see photos in my phone's photo app, so they aren't erased.... what a mess!

iPhone 8

Posted on May 27, 2020 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2020 10:22 AM

See if you can use Image Capture to download your photos to a folder on the Desktop. If you can and they re safely on the hard drive you can import them into the library if desired and delete off the iPhone (also with Image Capture after you're confirmed they are safely on the HD).

Arte both devices up to date system wise?

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2020 10:22 AM in response to Apoehls

See if you can use Image Capture to download your photos to a folder on the Desktop. If you can and they re safely on the hard drive you can import them into the library if desired and delete off the iPhone (also with Image Capture after you're confirmed they are safely on the HD).

Arte both devices up to date system wise?

I can no longer transfer photos from my iPhone to my photos app on my macbook pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.