Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Zoom meeting on iPad Air

When I use my iPad Air in landscape mode and join a Zoom meeting, my picture looks like I’m facing sideways. I realize the camera is on one side, but apparently, others don't seem to have that issue. Is there something I can do (other than sliding over to one side of the device) so that I appear to be looking straight ahead?

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on May 27, 2020 9:30 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

May 27, 2020 9:50 AM in response to Steinway88

Unfortunately, because of the positioning of the camera off to the side like that, will make you appear to be off to the side. The option is as you said, to slide over to the side to be more in front of the camera, or you can try rotating the screen somewhat so that it is bringing the camera closer to you, as in turning the screen somewhat to the right as you are looking at it.

May 27, 2020 11:06 AM in response to Steinway88

If you’ve been using an iPad in landscape mode for years with FaceTime, Skype, TEAMs, GoToMeeting, Cisco Webex and now Zoom, you’ve just gotten used to shifting the device to center your image in the camera.

Any video chat using the iPad camera in landscape mode has the exact same issue since the camera is in the same place for all and has limits on its field of view. Really no way to avoid it other than physically re-center the lens onto the image.

The only way for that not to happen would be to replace the actual location of the camera in the device.

May 27, 2020 6:02 PM in response to Steinway88

You’re welcome. As the tech evolves over time, it’s not inconceivable that we could see devices with dual cameras? For landscape and portrait mode.

I even face the same issue with my Mac Mini where I use two 27” monitors and have them oriented in kind of a shallow V in the center of the desk. My Logitech c925e is mounted on the top of one monitor so not truly centered on me sitting at the desk, so it is a bit off center. However with Zoom’s virtual background feature, that actually allows a lot more options of use of photos as background, so a mixed blessing issue.

Zoom meeting on iPad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.