Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

iPad 10th Gen Outer-App Camera Issues

My iPad 10th generation (landscape camera) front camera works fine. However, when it comes to apps using the front facing camera e.g. shortcuts, insta, snapchat the camera is like this for some reason? my guess is that the apps aren’t optimised for a landscape camera yet on iPads. Any help?(this photo is me doing ✌️ right infront of the camera (should be in landscape)

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 5:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 7:00 AM

Hi there!

If the camera is not working as expected only in specific third-party apps, then we would recommend to reach our to the app developers of these apps. They would be the best equipped to look into this behavior further with you. Use the steps here to contact them: How to contact an app developer

Take care!

4 replies

iPad 10th Gen Outer-App Camera Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.