Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Swipes app discontinued without notice. Lost all data

I used an iOS app called swipes to do & task list. I had very important data in it and suddenly today the app does not open and it does not exist in App Store. I think it is discontinued by the developer. I had iCloud backup for this data. Can you help me with that? It is very important to retrieve my data. The app was discontinued without any notice. Thank you

Posted on May 27, 2020 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2020 7:25 AM

Hi alexandros16,

Thanks for your post! It looks like an app developer discontinued an application that you had used to store important information. Even with an iCloud backup, if the app is discontinued, the app and data cannot be restored.

I would suggest reaching out to the developer to attempt to request a copy of your information:

How to contact an app developer

Let us know what you find out!

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2020 7:25 AM in response to alexandros16

Hi alexandros16,

Thanks for your post! It looks like an app developer discontinued an application that you had used to store important information. Even with an iCloud backup, if the app is discontinued, the app and data cannot be restored.

I would suggest reaching out to the developer to attempt to request a copy of your information:

How to contact an app developer

Let us know what you find out!

Take care!

Swipes app discontinued without notice. Lost all data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.