Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPassword app not working with new iOS.

IPassword app not working with new iOS. What to do? I purchased this app in 2014, since then I have been storing data in it. It stopped working 3 days ago, with no warning that it was not being supported anymore. It is no longer in tha App Store. Who do I contact for help? Need to recover my data.

iPhone XS

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 11:10 AM

Click or tap on the following blue-text for How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

That iPassword app has not been updated by the app developer for 14.5. That app currently appears to be abandoned, or maybe the password data was not migrated to a replacement app? What's happened with iPassword is unfortunately unclear.

Pending an update by the app developer, the only option here appears to be unloading all of your passwords, if you have a device running an iOS or iPadOS version prior to 14.5, and that's obviously and very clearly not a good one. An older iPhone or iPad device that's stuck at iOS 12 might be an option, if you can borrow one and re-set it to your Apple ID. Another bad option, yes.

There have been various previous reports of this:

app ipassword - Apple Community

iPassword App not working on iOS 14.5 - Apple Community

ipassword and IOS 14.5 - Apple Community

iPassword - Apple Community

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2021 11:10 AM in response to SamPR

Click or tap on the following blue-text for How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

That iPassword app has not been updated by the app developer for 14.5. That app currently appears to be abandoned, or maybe the password data was not migrated to a replacement app? What's happened with iPassword is unfortunately unclear.

Pending an update by the app developer, the only option here appears to be unloading all of your passwords, if you have a device running an iOS or iPadOS version prior to 14.5, and that's obviously and very clearly not a good one. An older iPhone or iPad device that's stuck at iOS 12 might be an option, if you can borrow one and re-set it to your Apple ID. Another bad option, yes.

There have been various previous reports of this:

app ipassword - Apple Community

ipassword and IOS 14.5 - Apple Community

iPassword - Apple Community

Jun 10, 2021 10:54 AM in response to SamPR

SamPR wrote:

IPassword app not working with new iOS. What to do? I purchased this app in 2014, since then I have been storing data in it. It stopped working 3 days ago, with no warning that it was not being supported anymore. It is no longer in tha App Store. Who do I contact for help? Need to recover my data.

Use your favorite search engine "ipassword" that is who you contact.

Jun 17, 2021 10:29 AM in response to T618s

T618s wrote:

Is there a way to revert back to the older IOS?

No.

Past ~two weeks from a version's initial release, no reversions to an earlier iOS or iPadOS version are possible.

You'll either need an iPhone associated with your Apple ID already on an earlier version and not upgraded, or to acquire or to borrow an older iPhone or older iPad that's permanently stuck on iOS 12 that you can then associate with your Apple ID and re-download the app and try archiving from there.

IPassword app not working with new iOS.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.