Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving Icons From Desktop

I have some documents that I have put on my Desktop while working on them as it allowed me quicker access. However, now that I am finished using them, I want to retain them on my computer but I do not want to display them on my Desktop. How can I get rid of them from the Desktop?

Thanks.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 27, 2020 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2020 1:00 PM

In your home folder you have folders for Applications, Downloads, Movies, Music, Pictures & Sites. Just move them to a folder on your Mac that seems most appropriate (such as pictures in the Pictures folder, regular word processing documents in the Documents folder, etc.)

You can access all those folders by hitting the Finder icon in your dock:

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2020 1:00 PM in response to Bandeago

In your home folder you have folders for Applications, Downloads, Movies, Music, Pictures & Sites. Just move them to a folder on your Mac that seems most appropriate (such as pictures in the Pictures folder, regular word processing documents in the Documents folder, etc.)

You can access all those folders by hitting the Finder icon in your dock:

Moving Icons From Desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.