Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Merge two hard drives into 1

As I'm now working from home, I have had to load my Mac with a lot of new data and information, as it turns out I am running out of space. I have my OS drive and have an additional drive called Data where I keep all the non OS - work related files. I have a 1TB drive that I have formatted to APFS, and it is working fine, but I need to be able to see all the data as one drive.

How do I merge both drives, Data and New Data into one "virtual" drive ?? Does OSX have that option ? In Linux I can make LVms or logical volumes, how can I do this on my mac ?

Thanks

Manuel

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 27, 2020 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2020 9:18 AM

Hello maraven2001,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you would like to combine your two external hard drives into one virtual hard drive. Unfortunately, that doesn't appear to be currently possible.

You can send feedback to Apple regarding your feature request. See this link: Product Feedback

Best regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2020 9:18 AM in response to maraven2001

Hello maraven2001,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you would like to combine your two external hard drives into one virtual hard drive. Unfortunately, that doesn't appear to be currently possible.

You can send feedback to Apple regarding your feature request. See this link: Product Feedback

Best regards.

Merge two hard drives into 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.